On Friday, October 18th, the PGA finally broke ground on their new headquarters. In December of last yea,r the PGA announced it was moving to Frisco, TX. The deal was achieved through a combination of both public and private partnerships. Plans include an Omni resort style hotel with 500 rooms along with a conference center. The 600 acre development, located in northwest Frisco, will house the PGA's 100,000 square foot headquarters, three golf courses, a clubhouse, and a mixed-use development that will include additional retail space.
Although completion is not anticipated until 2022, the PGA has already announced dates for the first Championship tournaments planned for the new facilities. They are as follows:
- KitchenAid Senior PGA Championship: 2023 and 2029
- PGA Jr. League Championship: 2023-2034
- PGA Professional Championship: 2024, 2030 and 2033
- KPMG Women’s PGA Championship: 2025 and 2031
- Boys & Girls Junior PGA Championships: 2026
- PGA Championship: 2027 and 2034
- PGA Cup: 2027
- Senior PGA Professional Championship: 2028
- National Car Rental Assistant PGA Professional Championship: 2032
In addition to these professional events, student golfers in Frisco ISD will also benefit from the PGA / Frisco ISD Partnership. Student athletes will be able to use the practice facilities four days a week. Additionally, students will benefit from discounted tee times with the district being able to use the courses for district tournaments.
If you are a golfer who is considering a move to North Texas, we would love to show you around. If you are looking for homes on a golf course, look no further. We have all of your golf course homes here.